Wrongful Death Attorney
A wrongful death is one that results from the negligence or recklessness of another person or a company. Any incident that could give rise to a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit can also give rise to a wrongful death claim. Although nothing can replace the loss of a loved one, Agee Clymer Mitchell & Portman Law can assist with legal matters to allow you to focus on your family needs.
What types of cases may be related to a wrongful death?
Many types of preventable accidents and failures to warn or protect can result in wrongful deaths. Our Columbus-based wrongful death lawyers have experience advising and representing clients in cases that involve:
- Car accidents,
- Motorcycle accidents,
- Truck crashes,
- Bike and pedestrian accidents,
- Medical malpractice,
- Slip and fall,
- Dangerous and defective products, and
- Being a victim of a deadly assault
How do I go about recovering from a wrongful death claim?
A family member or the legal executor of the deceased individual’s estate actually files the wrongful death lawsuit.
Consulting with a caring and knowledgeable Columbus wrongful death attorney fairly soon after a loved one dies can help you navigate through your difficult time.
How can I recover from a wrongful death claim for the loss?
Depending on case, the plaintiff in a wrongful death case can ask the defendant to pay money damages for the:
- Loss of financial support from the money the deceased individual would have earned while working;
- Loss of services performed by the deceased person;
- Loss of the decedent’s “society,” which includes such things as companionship, care, advice, and education;
- Loss of prospective inheritance; and
- Mental anguish inflicted by the death.
Hiring an experienced attorney in a wrongful death claim can make all the difference.
At Agee Clymer, our attorneys are available to assist you during this difficult time and take the burden of legalities off your back. Contact our office at 614-221-3318 for a free consultation.