Wrongful Death Attorney
A wrongful death is one that results from the negligence or recklessness of another person or a company. Any incident that could give rise to a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit can also give rise to a wrongful death claim. Although nothing can replace the loss of a loved one, Agee Clymer Mitchell & Portman Law can assist with legal matters to allow you to focus on your family needs.
What types of cases may be related to a wrongful death?
Many types of preventable accidents and failures to warn or protect can result in wrongful deaths. Our Columbus-based wrongful death lawyers have experience advising and representing clients in cases that involve:
- Car accidents,
- Motorcycle accidents,
- Truck crashes,
- Bike and pedestrian accidents,
- Medical malpractice,
- Slip and fall,
- Dangerous and defective products, and
- Being a victim of a deadly assault
How do I go about recovering from a wrongful death claim?
A family member or the legal executor of the deceased individual’s estate actually files the wrongful death lawsuit.
Consulting with a caring and knowledgeable Columbus wrongful death attorney fairly soon after a loved one dies can help you navigate through your difficult time.
How can I recover from a wrongful death claim for the loss?
Depending on case, the plaintiff in a wrongful death case can ask the defendant to pay money damages for the:
- Loss of financial support from the money the deceased individual would have earned while working;
- Loss of services performed by the deceased person;
- Loss of the decedent’s “society,” which includes such things as companionship, care, advice, and education;
- Loss of prospective inheritance; and
- Mental anguish inflicted by the death.