Experienced Unpaid Overtime Lawyers In Ohio
The federal Fair Labor Standards Act, or FLSA, requires employers to pay overtime to most hourly employees who work more than 40 hours during a 7-day workweek. The overtime rules also apply to many “salaried” employees making less than $684 per week. Although the FLSA has been the law for nearly 90 years, many employers continue to violate it. Since overtime exemptions apply, many employers look for loopholes that allow them to cheat workers out of the money they have earned. In other instances, employers just refuse to comply.
How Can An Agee Clymer Employment Law Attorney Help Me With My Unpaid Overtime Case?
You can count on us to deal directly with your employer on obtaining records, interviewing witnesses, and calculating requests for back pay and compensatory damages.
At Agee Clymer, our employment law attorneys assist can assist with issues such as:
- Employers who make employees work off the clock before and after their scheduled shifts;
- Telling employees they will be fired if they do not put in unpaid overtime;
- Promising, but never granting, comp time in lieu of overtime pay;
- Misclassifying employees as independent contractors who are not entitled to minimum wage or overtime;
- Mis-categorizing hourly employees as salaried managers;
- Giving staff managerial titles because employers believe that managers generally do not qualify for overtime pay;
- Miscounting tips while calculating overtime pay for wait staff, bartenders and other tipped employees;
- Telling tipped employees that they are not eligible to earn overtime.
We have also noticed that when employers violate the FLSA and its overtime rules, those violations often affect more than one employee. When we take a case, we look for evidence that might justify filing a collective action or class action lawsuit.
Lawyers That Specialize in Salary, Overtime & Other Wage-Related Issues
At Agee Clymer, you will speak with an attorney who will provide clear, factual answers about the law and your legal options. Contact an Agee Clymer Employment Law Attorney today for a free consultation at 614-221-3318.